The request was partially successful.
From: Bree White
Dear Department of Conservation,
The State Services commission says that there are "a number of studies finding a relationship between staff engagement and organisation performance". While many Government agencies used to publish results of staff engagement surveys as part of annual reports, it is increasingly difficult to find this data.
In the public interest in understanding how well agencies are performing, I am writing to alll agencies requesting information on staff engagement:
1) Have you ever conducted staff engagment surveys?
2) What staff engagment survey do you use or have you used: Kenexa, Gallup, Winsborough, other, internally-developed?
3) How frequently have you been conducting staff engagment surveys up to the last one you did?
4) If you haven't done one in 2016, are you intending to conduct a staff engagement survey in 2016, or whenever the next regularly scheduled survey is?
5) If the answer to questions 4) or 1) is "no", why not? Please provide the memorandum, meeting minutes and/or decision documenting the reason for not conducting staff satisfaction surveys, discontinuing the survey, or changing the frequency you conduct surveys.
6) Please provide the questions and complete results (e.g. agency level, directorate level, team level) of your staff engagement survey from 2008 to 2016.
As agencies provided similar data to the State Services Commission in 2015, I expect that these will not be onerous questions and hope for a quick reply.
From: Julie Gatland-Griffin
Department of Conservation
Attached is the response from the Department of Conservation to your
official information request received on the 5^th June 2016.
If you require any further assistance please contact Sally Thomas by phone
on (04) 471 3066 or by email [email address].
PA – Deputy Director-General, Strategy and Innovation
Department of Conservation—Te Papa Atawhai
DDI: +64 4 494 1460
18-32 Manners St | PO Box 10 420, Wellington 6143
Conservation for prosperity Tiakina te taiao, kia puawai
cid:_1_079A3DFC079A3A280081A446CC257CDC Please only print this e-mail
if absolutely necessary.
Caution - This message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential or subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message
and attachments. We apologise for the inconvenience. Thank you.