Proof of serious fraud charge having been proven and offender having been jailed for the offense.

L Clark made this Official Information request to Department of Corrections

The request was partially successful.

From: L Clark

Dear Department of Corrections,
I am requesting documented proof that the person who is currently chairman and a trustee of my family land trust was charged and found guilty of Serious Fraud/Theft as a Servant (unsure of exact wording of the charge) against the Public Trust Office and was jailed for this offense. I am working with the Maori Land Court to have him removed as Chairman and Trustee of my family land trust as he is unfit for the role according to Maori Land Court policy and is blocking access to the land by beneficiaries.

I have omitted identifying information at this point and will wait for your instruction.

Yours faithfully,

Lisa Clark

Link to this

From: Info@Corrections
Department of Corrections

Thank you for contacting the Department of Corrections.  This is an
automatic reply to let you know that we have received your email. Please
note - Official Information Act 1982 and Privacy Act 1993 requests
received on or after 27 November 2015 will take into account the Christmas
period. The period 25 December to 15 January inclusive is not considered
"working days." Further information can be found on the Office of the
Ombudsman’s website at [1]

Our website, [2] provides up to date news and
information about the work of the Department of Corrections.


If you are requesting information about an offender or prisoner, please
note that we are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1993, the
Official Information Act 1982 and the Victims Rights Act 2002.


This means that unless you are the victim of a serious crime, or there are
other safety reasons, we must ask the prisoner or offender if they consent
to their information being released to you.  If you do not want the
offender to know that you are asking about them, please send us another
email and let us know.


If you are a victim of serious crime, you will find information about the
Victim Notification Register on our website:


If you are a friend or family member of an offender, you will find useful
information on our website:



If you are looking for information about managing offenders in the
community, visit:


If you are looking for information about managing offenders in prison,


Once again, thank you for contacting us.  We will respond to your query as
soon as we are able.  Please note that due to the high volume of emails we
receive, it may take us some time to respond to you, however every effort
will be made to comply with the timeframes outlined in the Privacy Act
1993 and the Official information Act 1982.


Kind regards,

[7][Department of Corrections request email]



information in this message is the property of the New Zealand Department
of Corrections. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged material. Any
review, storage, copying, editing, summarising, transmission,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, by any means, in whole or
part, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than intended recipient are prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all


Visible links
2. file:///tmp/
7. mailto:[Department of Corrections request email]

Link to this

From: Info@Corrections
Department of Corrections

Good afternoon Lisa


Thank you for your email.


I have contacted the Ministry of Justice and am advised that the
information you have requested is part of the court record. Courts are
excluded from the scope of the Official Information Act 1982 under
sections 2(6)(a) and (b). Access to the court record is governed by
legislation and there are specific rules around how this information can
be released.  Generally speaking, the person seeking information from the
court record will need to contact, in writing, the Registrar of the court
at which the case was heard. 


You will need to identify the particular records you wish to access and
give reasons for your application.  Court contact details can be found on
the Ministry of Justice website at the following link:


Kind regards


Ministerial Services Team

National Office

Department of Corrections

Mayfair House

44-52 The Terrace

Private Bag 1206

Wellington 6140



show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Department of Corrections only: