Decision to form an IMT for Citizenship Office
Dear Department of Internal Affairs,
It’s all over the media that Immigration New Zealand has formed an IMT (Incident Management Team) to speed up the visa processing.
Under the OIA, I would like to ask:
- Have DIA and Citizenship Office considered creating an IMT to speed up Citizenship by Grant applications?
- if yes, please provide the IMT operation model, number of staff and work streams
- if not, why not? What are the reasons that an IMT was not considered.
- Does the Citizenship Office has an external agency monitoring the work towards reducing the backlog? (PSC, DPMC and etc).
- Any Reports and or Memo(s) (in 2022) sent to the Service Delivery and Operations (SDO) Deputy Chief Executive regarding the performance and progress of the Citizenship Office towards reducing the Citizenship by Grant applications backlog.
- Any Reports and or Memo(s) (in 2022) sent to the General Manager Services and Access regarding the performance and progress of the Citizenship Office towards reducing the Citizenship by Grant applications backlog.
- Please provide all the assessment templates that Citizenship officers use to assess Citizenship by Grant applications that failed the automated checks.
Department of Internal Affairs
Tçnâ koe John,
Thank you for your OIA request to the Department of Internal Affairs (included with this email)
The Department will provide its response to your request as soon as practicable and within twenty working days. The 20th working day is 17 October 2022.
This date takes into account the Queen's Memorial public holiday. Please be aware that the date calculator on the Ombudsman's website may not yet have been updated with the new public holiday.
Please note that in cases where the Department’s response provides information that is identified to be of general public interest, the response may also be published on the Department of Internal Affairs website. If the Department publishes its response to your OIA request, all personal information, including your name and contact details, will be removed.
Michelle Reed (she/her)
Kaitohutohu Ârahi, te Ture Pârongo Ôkawa | Lead Advisor Official Correspondence
Te Urûngi | Organisational Strategy & Performance
Level 6, 45 Pipitea St | PO Box 805, Wellington 6140, New Zealand | www.dia.govt.nz