Loss of Three Waters Revenue and Reduction in Property Values
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Chris McCashin to read a recent response and update the status.
From: Chris McCashin
Dear Wellington City Council,
Are you able to provide the following
These are just random sample properties that I have selected
1 Willis Street
2017 - 2022
113 The Terrace
2017 - 2022
132 Owen Street
Rates Notices 2017 - 2022
Can you also please provide the following
- Any and all information done factoring in the loss of rates revenue from three waters rates
- What work has been done in the LTP to estimate loss of three waters rates and where council will reduce spending accordingly
- Has any work been done by WCC looking to attract new business to Wellington on the impending reduction of the commercial building rates
- Also the property market is forecast to see property values decrease, please provide any and all information factoring in the loss of rates revenue for Capital Values when they decrease
What are the likely projects that WCC will have to postpone. As a suggestion you could look to the following
- Library - "Consultation" that WCC undertook showed most people were in favour of demolishing this and building a new one. This would halve the cost here.
- Cycleways - There is too much money allocated to cycleways that is destroying the aesthetic, safety and council finances. May I remind you, $832m in debt
- Pedestrianizing Lambton Quay - $70m proposed, you might as well burn $70m and then shut the businesses on Lambton Quay
- Housing - infrastructure should be funded first rather than uneconomic housing
From: BUS: Assurance
Wellington City Council
Tēnā koe [Name]
Thank you for your email dated 03/08/2022 requesting information about
loss of Three Waters revenue and reduction in property values.
Our team will manage your request under the Local Government Official
Information and Meetings Act 1987 which requires us to provide a decision
as soon as possible, but no later than 31/08/2022, being 20 working days
The reference number for your request is IRC-3692.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
The Assurance Team
Email: [email address]
Wellington City Council | W Wellington.govt.nz | Facebook|
The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are asked to respect that
confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use of its contents.
If received in error you are asked to destroy this email and contact the
sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.