Jacob Jake Williams

Zachariah Davis (Account suspended) made this Official Information request to Ministry of Justice

The request was refused by Ministry of Justice.

From: Zachariah Davis (Account suspended)

Dear Ministry of Justice,

I'm wondering if you have any cases for a Jacob Jake Williams?

If so what is the case number and who is the other parties?

Yours faithfully,

Zachariah Davis

Link to this

From: OIA@justice.govt.nz
Ministry of Justice

Thank you for contacting the Official Information Act request mailbox for
the Ministry of Justice. We will endeavour to respond to your email within
2 working days

You can find more information about how we can help you at our [1]Official
Information Act Requests page.

Please note that by law, when you ask for official information we have to
respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later
than 20 working days after we receive it. 

Please send any non-OIA related emails through to
o[2][email address] and any complaints through to
[3][email address]

show quoted sections


Visible links
1. https://www.justice.govt.nz/about/offici...
2. mailto:[email address]
3. mailto:[email address]

Link to this

From: OIA@justice.govt.nz
Ministry of Justice

Kia ora Mr Davis,

The information you are requesting is a court record and not held by the Ministry of Justice. This is because, while the Ministry provides administrative support to courts, the judiciary are responsible for court records.

Information held by the courts, sentencing notes, court records, transcriptions or information about a case currently before the court and are not subject to the Official Information Act 1982.

On this basis your request is refused under section 18(g)(i) as the information requested is not held by the Ministry of Justice.

However, access to these records is dealt with by separate legislation and Court Rules and you will need to contact the relevant court directly, the details for the courts can be found here https://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/utilities...

You do not have to request information in person from the courts. You can do so by contacting them and filling out an application. This can be done via email or by post.

Here is a link to the form you will need to complete https://www.justice.govt.nz/assets/docum...

Ngā mihi,

Ministerial Relations and Services
Strategy, Governance and Finance
DDI: +64 4 918 8800

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Justice only: