Information concerning the review process of the UN Convention against Corruption
From: New Zealand Council for Civil Liberties
Dear Ministry of Justice,
The New Zealand Council for Civil Liberties is requesting the following documents and information under the Official Information Act 1982:
1) Please provide us with a copy of New Zealand’s Self-Assessment Checklists created under the first and second cycle of the implementation review of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC). If these documents are available in several languages, please provide them in all available languages. In case these documents are already publicly accessible online, please provide us with the link(s) to them.
2) Please provide us with the full review reports on New Zealand's implementation of the UN Convention against Corruption from the first and second implementation review cycles. If available in several languages, please provide us with the documents in all available languages. In case these documents are already publicly accessible online, please provide us with the link(s) to them.
3) Did any representatives of civil society, non-governmental organisations or other non-state actors participate in, or contribute to, the first and second cycle of the implementation review of the UN Convention against Corruption?
a. If yes, please provide us with a list of the organisations, entities or non-State actors who participated in or contributed to the review processes, including information to which review cycle the respective person or organisation contributed to.
b. Please provide us with available information on the form of their participation and contributions, and available information on how these contributions were invited or facilitated by the government (for example, if comments on documents were sought, if written contributions were received and if so, how many, if there was a meeting with the country reviewers and non-state actors, and if so, how many organisations and who participated).
4) Please provide us with information on the current status/stage of the second review cycle of the UN Convention against Corruption.
5) Please provide us with the name and contact information (department, organisation and email) of the government’s UNCAC focal point (the person coordinating the second cycle of the UNCAC implementation review).
6) Please provide us with information and any relevant documents regarding actions that have been taken to discuss, address and implement findings and recommendations made in the first and second cycle of the implementation review process of the UN Convention against Corruption.
We would like to receive the information via a response to the email address from which the Ministry received this request.
Under section 16 of the OIA, we would prefer to receive the requested documents and information as Word documents (.doc or .docx or .rtf), or as machine-readable .pdf files, rather than as scanned documents or image only PDFs.
Please confirm receipt of our request.
Under section 19(a)(ii) of the OIA, in the event that the Ministry believes there is good reason not to provide some or all of the requested information, we request that the Ministry provides the grounds in support of the reason(s) it cites to justify the (partial) refusal.
In case the Ministry is not responsible for, or does not hold, some or all of the requested information, please transfer (or partially transfer) this request to the competent body or agency. Please inform us if this request is forwarded to another entity.
Thank you for taking the time to process and respond to our request.
New Zealand Council for Civil Liberties
Ministry of Justice
Thank you for contacting the Official Information Act request mailbox for
the Ministry of Justice. We will endeavour to respond to your email within
2 working days.
You can find more information about how we can help you at our Official
Information Act Requests page.
Please send any non-OIA related emails through to
o[email address] and any complaints through to
2. mailto:[email address]
3. mailto:[email address]
Ministry of Justice
Kia ora Mr Ecclestone,
We acknowledge receipt of your request for information regarding the
review process of the UN Convention against Corruption.
This has been forwarded onto the relevant business unit to respond to.
You can expect a response by 03/12/2021.
Ministerial Relations and Services
Strategy, Governance and Finance
DDI: +64 4 918 8800
Ministry of Justice
Please see attached a letter of extension for your OIA request.
Ministry of Justice | Tāhū o te Ture
P +64 4 918 8836
[email address] | justice.govt.nz
1. mailto:[email address]