Kayakers found after battling southerly swells in Wellington Harbour
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for T Edwards to read a recent response and update the status.
From: T Edwards
Dear New Zealand Police
Please consider my request under the provisions of the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA), and treat my request as urgent. My reason for urgency is because this event is of great public interest, and cost the tax payer thousands. I trust this satisfies the requirement of section 12(3) of the OIA.
1. Please provide a copy of the intelligence/report/transcript of the concerns raised after a member of the public reported that a kayaker was in possible difficulty off Marine Parade at around 7.55am.
2. Please provide a copy of all communications (emails, text messages, decision logs etc) that relate to this event (internally with Police including the Maritime Unit).
3. Please provide a copy of all communications (emails, text messages, decision logs etc) that relate to this event with any external agency involved with the event.
4. Please provide a list of the staff and their roles that were involved in the event.
5. Please provide how much it cost in order to respond to this event. An approximation will be fine.
6. The reckless behaviour of two men endangered the lives of others all because they "live for this stuff". Will the police (or any other agency) be charging the pair for their recklessness?
From: Ministerial Services
New Zealand Police
I acknowledge receipt of your Official Information Act (OIA) request below, received by New Zealand Police on 30 June 2021.
Your request is being actioned pursuant to the OIA.
You can expect a response to your request on or before 28 July 2021.
Kind regards, Michelle
Ministerial Services PNHQ
From: SCHWARZ, Alison
New Zealand Police
Please find attached our response to your request for information
Official Information Requests
39 Victoria Street|PO Box 693
Wellington 6011|DX: SX11220
The information contained in this email message is intended for the
addressee only and may contain privileged information. It may also be
subject to the provisions of section 50 of the Policing Act 2008, which
creates an offence to have unlawful possession of Police property. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message or have received this
message in error, you must not peruse, use, distribute or copy this
message or any of its contents.
Also note, the views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect
those of the New Zealand Police. If you have received this message in
error, please email or telephone the sender immediately
1. mailto:[email address]