Consideration of other options for Macrocarpa at Cnr of Great Nth Rd and Ash St, Avondale
From: Matthew Hooton
Dear Kāinga Ora–Homes and Communities,
The purpose of this OIA is to establish what if any consideration Kāinga Ora gave to proposals to protect the Macrocarpa on land you own on the corner of Great North Road and Ash Street in Avondale, Auckland.
Specifically, I seek information on:
1) all representations Kāinga Ora received from Mana Rākau, Steve Abel, Gael Badlock, Mary McMullin, Margaret Stanley or others concerned to protect the Macrocarpa, including proposals allowing the Macrocarpa to remain on the site;
2) all internal analysis Kāinga Ora carried out (without or without the help of outside consultants) on these or any other proposals to allow the Macrocarpa to remain on the site;
3) all representations Kāinga Ora received from other parties in support of the Macrocarpa being removed from the site;
4) all communications Kāinga Ora had with Mana Whenua on this matter, including what views Mana Whenua expressed to Kāinga Ora, and how these were considered; and
5) all communications Kāinga Ora had with the local MP on this matter, or List MPs interested in the matter, including what views those MP expressed to Kāinga Ora, and how these were considered.
From: Kainga Ora Correspondence
Kāinga Ora–Homes and Communities
Dear Mr Hooton
Thank you for your request below dated 2 June 2021 to Kāinga Ora – Homes
and Communities requesting information via the FYI website about the
Macrocarpa Trees on the corner of Great North Road and Ash Street in
Avondale, Auckland under the Official Information Act 1982 (the Act).
You can expect to be notified of the decision on your request by 1 July
2021 at the latest, being 20 working days after the day on which the
request was received by Kāinga Ora in accordance with section 15(1) of the
If an extension of time is required to make a decision you will be
notified prior to that date in accordance with section 15A of the Act.
We may also contact you if further clarification or refinement of your
request is required to enable a decision to be made.
Freephone: 0800 801 601 | Mainline: (04) 439 3000 | Kāinga Ora - Homes and
PO BOX 2628 Wellington 6140 | New Zealand Government |