All reports on the proposed repair strategy, strengthening and costs for the Arthurs Pass National Park Visitor Centre
From: Te Kāhui Whaihanga
Tēnā koe Department of Conservation,
It has recently been reported that the Department of Conservation (DOC) has identified the cost to repair and strengthen the Arthurs Pass National Park Visitor Centre, would be about $3 million. Te Kāhui Whaihanga request the following documents:
- all engineering and building surveying assessment reports over the last ten years on the building condition and earthquake prone building assessments
- quantity surveyor assessment reports on the costs to repair and upgrade the building and any new build on the site.
- all DOC internal reports on the building over the last 10 years, related to the building condition, repair and upgrade options and the budget requirements
- all DOC internal reports over the past 10 years on the potential development of a new Arthurs Pass National Park Visitor Centre
- all advice over the last 10 years provided to either DOC management and/or the Minister on the Arthur's Pass National Park Visitor Centre on the repair, upgrade and new build options.
- the $ value invested each year for the last 10-years on asset management of the building (both maintenance and capital).
- the $ value invested in the porta cabin arrangements currently on the site.
New Zealand Institute of Architects Te Kāhui Whaihanga
Department of Conservation
Kia ora Teena
Thank you for your official information request to the Department of
Your reference number is OIAD-917.
We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible and no
later than 17/06/2021, being 20 working days after the day your request
was received. If we are unable to respond to your request by then, we will
notify you of an extension of that timeframe.
If you have any queries email us at [email address].
Department of Conservation
Te Papa Atawhai
Privacy: Your details have been recorded in DOC's workflow system and will
be used to provide you with a response to, and communicate with you about,
your request. Records are retained, used and disposed of in accordance
with the Privacy Act 1993 and the Public Records Act 2005. See our
privacy statements for more information about how DOC manages personal
Caution - This message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential or subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message
and attachments. We apologise for the inconvenience. Thank you.
1. mailto:[email address]