Entry into Dentistry via the alternative pathway
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Bernard B to read a recent response and update the status.
From: Bernard B
Dear University of Otago,
Please provide the following information regarding entry into Dentistry via the alternative pathway in recent years:
1. Is GPA a major factor considered when accepting a student into the BDS course?
2. If so, what was the lowest GPA that was accepted into the course in recent years?
3. Is work experience essential when considering an applicant for entry into the course?
4. It was stated on the website that a minimum GPA of 5 is required to be considered for entry, however, how does it make this pathway different to the graduate pathway for example? Is GPA more variable when considering an applicant for alternative?
5. Is the interview process similar to what health science/graduate entry students go through? Or, is the interview more personal to understand the background of the applicant?
6. Of the successful applicants in recent years, how many were masters/PhD students of the University of Otago?
7. Does the Dentistry admissions look at cumulative GPA scores for alternative entry, or is GPA weighted in the same fashion as graduate GPA scores?
With regards to Section 12 of the Official Information Act 1982, I am a New Zealand citizen and located in New Zealand.
From: EDRMS OurDrive Project Team
University of Otago
Kia ora Bernard
We acknowledge receipt of your Official Information Act request.
If we have any questions or need to seek clarification on any points we will be in touch soon. Otherwise, we will seek to respond to your request as soon as practicable and no later than 20 working days after the date your request was received (by 16 May 2021). If we are unable to respond to your requests by then, we will notify you of an extension of this timeframe.
Corporate Records Services | Ngā Ratonga Kōrero Rangatōpū
University of Otago | Te Whare Wānanga o Otāgo
Tel/Waea +64 3 479 7409
224 Hanover Street, Dunedin | Ōtepoti
PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054
New Zealand | Aotearoa
Email/Īmera [email address]
Website/Pae tukutuku www.otago.ac.nz/records