Use of Facial Recognition Technology
Kendra Cox made this Official Information request to New Zealand Police
Response to this request is long overdue. By law New Zealand Police should have responded by now (details and exceptions). You can complain to the Ombudsman.
From: Kendra Cox
New Zealand Police,
Please give the following details of the technology used during your recent trial of facial recognition software.
1) What does the facial recognition technology used by NZ Police do?
2) What methods does the technology used by NZ Police use to do this?
3) How did the NZ Police use this technology?
4) How and where was this information stored by NZ Police?
5) Does Clearwater AI have access to this information?
6) Has this information been deleted? If not, will it be? If yes, please give details of date and methods for deletion.
7) What were the beginning and end dates of this trial?
Finally, please attach any documents regarding the agreement between NZ Police and Clearwater (and any subsidiary or related companies or software developers that were involved in this agreement) for the development, monitoring, or use of this software.
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence
Kendra Cox left an annotation ()
This request had a mistaken name for the software company involved in the Police use of facial recognition technology.
A new request with the correct name was made and the Police were asked to disregard this request, as it may have been used as grounds to ignore it. The new request is here: https://fyi.org.nz/request/12838-use-of-...
Link to this