Anatoly Kern made this Official Information request to New Zealand Police
The request was partially successful.
From: Anatoly Kern
Dear New Zealand Police,
On 9 October 2012 NZ Police provided a list of 'Police manual' chapters in the request initiated by Joshua Grainger.
May I kindly ask for the following information to be provided by email:
1. Updated list of chapter manuals (complete one, or a list of changes compared to previously released https://www.fyi.org.nz/request/587/respo... ) with a note for each chapter/polices, which does not exist, but name provided for policies "intended to be developed as time permits".
2. Electronic copy of the manual, regulating the exchange of fingerprint and/or DNA information collected by Police with foreign/overseas agencies.
For the purpose of OIA, I am NZ resident and reside in NZ.
From: THOMSON, Raewyn
New Zealand Police
The information contained in this email message is intended for the
addressee only and may contain privileged information. It may also be
subject to the provisions of section 50 of the Policing Act 2008, which
creates an offence to have unlawful possession of Police property. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message or have received this
message in error, you must not peruse, use, distribute or copy this
message or any of its contents.
Also note, the views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect
those of the New Zealand Police. If you have received this message in
error, please email or telephone the sender immediately
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence
Anatoly Kern left an annotation ()
2. Denial of the information with clarification of the absence of such list is contradictory to explanation provided in response for denial of request of a copy of Police Manual "Fingerprints for other agencies" by Detective Inspector Paul Berry.
3. Clarification that no such policy exists contradictory to response from Vanessa Webling (member of police overseas inquires/national fingerprint office), though it is good to have another confirmation of misuse of powers in harassment purposes by Police.
Link to this