Information regarding Police staff involved in traffic incidents
From: Hugh Davenport
Dear New Zealand Police,
I would like to know the following information for the year 2018:
1) The number of Police staff involved in a traffic incident (for the purpose of this, I don't mean traffic stops, I mean the Police staff was driving a vehicle and had some incident with another vehicle or property that was reported).
2) The number of those that were sworn staff
3) The number of reports that were made by a member of the public
4) The number of reports that were made internally
5) The number of reports that involved a collision with a vehicle
6) The number of reports that involved an injury
7) The number of reports that involved a close call with a vehicle
8) For each of the reports from 5,6 and 7, a brief description of what happened, whether the staff was sworn or not, and what outcome was for the staff member involved if any.
I am hoping that this won't be substantial to look up, as I would hope that the numbers are quite low. However, if this request is likely to be substantial, please contact me and I can reduce the scope.
From: WRIGHT-MCCARTHY, Hannah
New Zealand Police
I refer to your request of 12 June 2019 as below.
Your request is being actioned pursuant to the Official Information Act 1982.
Ministerial Services Advisor
Police National Headquarters
E [email address]