JJ Nolan's Flooded 1080 Storage Shed, Haast
From: David Haynes
Dear Environmental Protection Authority,
We note that Carl Johnson, Senior Advisor, HS Compliance, of the Environmental Protection Agency, responded to Ms Carole Sawyer regarding her enquiry into the impacts of the 25-26 March 2019 flood to the above property where 1080 pellets were stored.
Your response included the statement "The bait that was affected by water was disposed of."
Please provide the following details in respect of the above statement:
1. how much bait was disposed of?
2. exactly where was it disposed?
3. how was it disposed (e.g. buried, burned, etc)?
4. if buried, how deep?
5. what actions were undertaken to reduce any leaching or dispersal of the disposed baits?
6. what future monitoring is planned to measure leaching or dispersal?
NZ Outdoors Party
Environmental Protection Authority
Thanks for your request, we will respond in due course.
Official Correspondence Advisor
+64 4 474 5504 | [email address] | www.epa.govt.nz
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
This email message and any attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only.
The contents may be confidential and are not necessarily the opinions of EPA New Zealand.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment(s).