Myrtle species importation and the appearance of myrtle rust in New Zealand
This request has been withdrawn by the person who made it. There may be an explanation in the correspondence below.
From: John Hill
Dear Ministry for Primary Industries,
1. Has MPI allowed the importation of Myrtle species from overseas
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes , please specify which countries the import have been allowed from and the years from 2000 since they have been imported, and the quantity and type from each country
3. If Myrtle species have been imported from overseas , then has there been a specific check by Bio Security at the border for myrtle rust as a part of the inspection process.
4. Have all myrtle species imported been subject to fungicide treatment on their importation?
5. If the myrtle species have been allowed as an import does MPI know where the plants were destined for.
6. If MPI knows the destination of the plants , are these the same locations that MPI has been targeting in their recent campaign to eradicated the problem.
7 Has MPI that there is a link between the importation of myrtle species and the appearance of myrtle rust in New Zealand