Access to Firearms register by corporations
The request was successful.
From: David Burgess
Dear New Zealand Police,
Trade Me asked me for details of my firearm licence.
(1) Do they have the ability to check my response against the records of firearms owners held by police ?
(2) If they do, please provide what information they may access ?.
(3) How many times have they been provided with information ?
(4) Please provide copies of all correspondence, either between trade me and police, or internal to police that resulted in firearms owner data being provided to trade me.
(5) Do any other non government organisations have access to the firearms licence register if so whom.
From: MCMAHON, Teresa
New Zealand Police
Dear Mr Burgess
I have been asked to send you the attached response to an information
request you made to Police.
Police National Headquarters
PO Box 3017
The information contained in this email message is intended for the
addressee only and may contain privileged information. It may also be
subject to the provisions of section 50 of the Policing Act 2008, which
creates an offence to have unlawful possession of Police property. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message or have received this
message in error, you must not peruse, use, distribute or copy this
message or any of its contents.
Also note, the views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect
those of the New Zealand Police. If you have received this message in
error, please email or telephone the sender immediately