Figures about the witness protection programme
The request was partially successful.
From: Natasha Frost
Dear Ministry of Justice,
I am writing to request the following information about the witness protection programme:
- How much did the programme cost to run in 2015?
- How many people were directly affected by the programme?
- Does the Ministry of Justice give people, when occasion presents itself, new identities?
- Does this extend to new homes or jobs?
- If so, how many people have been given these new identities?
- What other alternatives does the programme offer?
From: correspondence, official
Ministry of Justice
Good morning Natasha,
Thank you for your request. The Ministry of Justice does not hold the information you seek, so I have transferred your request to the New Zealand Police. Officials from that department will respond in due time.
Advisor | Ministry of Justice
From: MCMAHON, Teresa
Dear Ms Frost
I have been asked to send you the attached reply to your information
Police National Headquarters
The information contained in this email message is intended for the
addressee only and may contain privileged information. It may also be
subject to the provisions of section 50 of the Policing Act 2008, which
creates an offence to have unlawful possession of Police property. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message or have received this
message in error, you must not peruse, use, distribute or copy this
message or any of its contents.
Also note, the views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect
those of the New Zealand Police. If you have received this message in
error, please email or telephone the sender immediately