Obtaining a criminal record

Aaron Tily made this Official Information request to Department of Corrections

The request was successful.

From: Aaron Tily

Dear Department of Corrections,

How do I obtain a copy of my own criminal record and is there at all a possibility of obtaining any of my file notes whilst I was incarcerated.

Yours faithfully,

Aaron Tily

Link to this

From: Info@Corrections
Department of Corrections

Thank you for contacting the Department of Corrections.  This is an
automatic reply to let you know that we have received your email.  

Our website, [1]www.corrections.govt.nz provides up to date news and
information about the work of the Department of Corrections.


If you are requesting information about an offender or prisoner, please
note that we are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1993, the
Official Information Act 1982 and the Victims Rights Act 2002.


This means that unless you are the victim of a serious crime, or there are
other safety reasons, we must ask the prisoner or offender if they consent
to their information being released to you.  If you do not want the
offender to know that you are asking about them, please send us another
email and let us know.


If you are a victim of serious crime, you will find information about the
Victim Notification Register on our website:


If you are a friend or family member of an offender, you will find useful
information on our website:



If you are looking for information about managing offenders in the
community, visit:


If you are looking for information about managing offenders in prison,


Once again, thank you for contacting us.  We will respond to your query as
soon as we are able.  Please note that due to the high volume of emails we
receive, it may take us some time to respond to you, however every effort
will be made to comply with the timeframes outlined in the Privacy Act
1993 and the Official information Act 1982.


Kind regards,

[6][Department of Corrections request email]



show quoted sections

Link to this

Tony Rule left an annotation ()

Since there's no answer shown for people browsing...

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Department of Corrections only: