Honourary Doctorate granted to spouse of dictator
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for John to read a recent response and update the status.
Dear Massey University,
I am a New Zealand Citizen and am submitting the following questions under the Official Information Act 1982.
1. Please advise the current number of employees and contractors who identified themselves as ethnic Chinese and was borned outside New Zealand. Please break down the number into employees vs contractors, full-time vs part-time, and academic vs non-academic.
2. Please provide any policy, internal procedural and/or operational guidance documents on how Massey University assesses the risks of espionage, intellectual property theft, and inflitration by the evil regime of Communist China in Massey University before making any recruitment decision.
3. Please provide any policy, internal procedural and/or operational guidance documents on how Massey University monitors the risks of espionage, intellectual property theft, and inflitration by the evil regime of Communist China in Massey University by and/or in relation to current employees and contractors on a continuous basis.
4. In light of the continuous abuse of human rights by the evil Communist Chinese regime under the dictatorship of Xi Jinping, whether Massey University have revoked or will revoke the honourary doctorate title awarded by Massey University to Xi Jinping's wife, Peng Liyuan. If so, when or if not, why not?
If your enquiry is student related, please ensure that you have provided
your student ID (if known), full name, date of birth, current address and
contact phone number(s).
Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa, Massey University,
Private Bag 11 222, Manawatu Mail Centre,
Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4.30pm
Telephone: 0800 MASSEY (627 739), Overseas +64 6 350 5701
Email: [Massey University request email]
Free Text: 5222
Please note: The content of this email is confidential and may also
be legally privileged, intended for the individual or entity named and
should be read by the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended
recipients and have received this email in error, can you please notify
the sender immediately and delete the content from your system. Thank you.
1. mailto:[Massey University request email]
From: Rachel Ferguson
Reference number for your request is: 08/2022
Thank you for your request for official information, received by Massey
University on 09/02/2022.
Your request has been received and logged. As required under the Official
Information Act 1982, Massey University will respond to your request on or
If a large amount of information has been requested or if Massey
University needs to consult in order to make a decision, we may need to
extend this date (this is provided for in section 15A of the Act).
We will advise you if such an extension is necessary.
Please note: The content of this email and any attachment is confidential
and should be read by the intended recipient only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
content from your system. You should not read, copy or distribute the
message. Thank you.
From: Christabelle Marshall
Kia ora John,
Please find attached a response to your recent OIA request.
Office of Governance and Assurance | Massey University