Medical Appointments for Prisoners
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Hope Kennedy-Smith to read recent responses and update the status.
From: Hope Kennedy-Smith
Dear Department of Corrections,
1) Please provide me with the total number of medical appointments outside of prison attended by prisoners, per week, since January 1, 2019. Please break this down by prison. Please give this to me in an excel spreadsheet.
2) How many medical appointments outside of prison have been cancelled or delayed due to Level 3 and 4 Covid Lockdowns?
3) Please provide me with the total number of medical appointments in prison attended by prisoners, per week, since January 1, 2019. Please break this down by prison. Please break this down by the type of appointment, e.g. nurse, doctor, dental. Please give this to me in an excel spreadsheet.
4) How many medical appointments within prisons have been cancelled or delayed due to Level 3 and 4 Covid Lockdowns? Please break this down by the type of appointment, e.g. nurse, doctor, dental.
5) How long is the waiting list to see a doctor, dentist, or nurse at each prison, as of today’s date?
Department of Corrections
Thank you for contacting the Department of Corrections; this is an
automatic reply to confirm we have received your email – please do not
reply to this e mail.
At our current Alert Levels we are focused on ensuring the safety and
wellbeing of the people we are managing, our staff, and the community – as
a result, there may be a delay in responding to your email.
If you are requesting information we are required to comply with the
Privacy Act 2020, the Official Information Act 1982 and the Victims Rights
Depending on the nature of your request you may not receive an official
response for up to 20 working days.
Be assured we will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as possible.
If you are a friend or family member of someone in prison, you can find
some useful information here.
In most cases we are required to ask the person in prison for their
permission to release their information to you. If you do not want the
person to know you are asking about them, please let us know as soon as
All media queries should be sent to [email address].
If you are a victim, you will find information about the Victim
Notification Register on our website here.
Our website, http://www.corrections.govt.nz/ provides up to date news
and information about our work, you can also follow us on Facebook and
The Ministerial Services Team
[Department of Corrections request email]
Department of Corrections
Thank you for your email of 01 October 2021 requesting various information
related to medical appointments for prisoners.
Please be advised your request has been received and will be considered
under the Official Information Act 1982.
Please note that our response letter to you (with your personal details
redacted), and any enclosed documents, may be published on Corrections’
Ngā mihi | Kind regards,
Department of Corrections, Ara Poutama Aotearoa
a: National Office, Mayfair House, 44-52 The Terrace, Wellington 6011
[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]