OIA Request - Information surrounding the Cryptographic Refresh Project
Alex Hill made this Official Information request to New Zealand Defence Force
The request was refused by New Zealand Defence Force.
From: Alex Hill
Dear New Zealand Defence Force,
As I understand it, the NZDF is currently undergoing a Cryptographic Refresh Project to replace the current suite of fill devices.
Under the Official Information Act, I request the following -
1. a. How many AN/CYZ-10 units (commonly referred to as the Crazy-10) does the NZDF currently have in stock;
b. When do the current AN/CYZ-10 units pass their Life Expiration date;
2. a. How many AN/PYQ-10 (SKL) units are being procured, and what is the price per unit
b. How many KYK-30 (RASKL) units are being procured, and what is the price per unit
3. How many specific instances in the past 5 years have cryptographic fill codes been issued to an aircraft
NB: Instances include each individual sign-out of a cryptographic unit, and is limited to red, black and HF fill.
4. When is the planned replacement date for the KY-100 units found on RNZAF aircraft?
I can confirm that I am a New Zealand citizen currently residing in New Zealand.
From: Clayton Christopher, Mr
New Zealand Defence Force
The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended for
the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence
Force. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
distribute this message or the information in it. If you have received
this message in error, please Email or telephone the sender immediately.
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence