Advice by Satyanand Anand to Crown Law
Crown Law Office did not have the information requested.
From: Jason Brown
Dear Crown Law Office,
could you please advise on the following questions:
1: what role/s did Satyanand Anand have in relation to Crown Law, as noted in his online biographies?
2: How many did issues did Anand advise on, and what were those issues?
3. Did those issues include advice on child abuse, (as now under inquiry by Royal Commission)?
4. What was the nature of that advice on child abuse?
5. Can that advice be made available to the public via this OIA request? If not, why not?
6. Has Crown Law advice been sought by the government on any potential concerns between his previous role with Crown Law or other state agencies, and his current role as Chair of The Royal Commission of Inquiry into Historical Abuse in State Care?
7. If so, what was the nature of that advice? And can that advice be made public? If not, why not?
Please ensure that any responses are made in a machine readable format, e.g. that PDF files are not locked from text copy capability.
From: Zoe Yeandle
Crown Law Office
Please find the attached correspondence in response to your request for information under the Official Information Act 1982.
Crown Law Te Tari Ture o te Karauna
P O Box 2858 or DX SP20208 | Level 3 Justice Centre | 19 Aitken Street | Wellington 6011