Information regarding horsemeat exports from New Zealand
Megan Gattey made this Official Information request to Ministry for Primary Industries
The request was partially successful.
From: Megan Gattey
Dear Ministry for Primary Industries,
We are writing to request the following information:
- How many horses were sent to Blue Sky Meats (NZ) Ltd. in 2014?
- What was the profit for export of Blue Sky Meats (NZ) Ltd. horsemeat in 2014?
- How many horses were sent to slaughter throughout New Zealand in 2014?
- Are there any other horsemeat exporters in New Zealand that are exporting to Europe?
We would also like to request all relevant information on the sale of horsemeat within New Zealand.
We are happy to discuss this request and refine it if necessary.
Amber-Leigh Woolf and Megan Gattey
From: Niki Wright
Ministry for Primary Industries
Dear Megan Gattey and Amber-Leigh Woolf,
On behalf of Matthew Stone, Director of Animal and Animal Products, please
find attached response to your official information request to the
Ministry for Primary Industries on 9 June 2015 and your request
transferred from the Minister for Food Safety on 10 June 2015.
Niki Wright | Advisor-Official Information Act
Ministerials & Business Support | Office of the Director-General
Ministry for Primary Industries - Manatū Ahu Matua
Pastoral House 25 The Terrace | PO Box 2526 | Wellington 6140
show quoted sections
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence