Waiting time between referral acceptance and first specialist assessment for women with abnormal cervical smear result

Ruth Goss made this Official Information request to Ministry of Health

The request was successful.

From: Ruth Goss

Dear Ministry of Health,

Can you please supply me with a copy of any standards related to the length of time a woman with an abnormal cervical smear result will wait between acceptance of referral and her first specialist appointment.

Please also explain how this standard is monitored and any audit process related to this.

Link to this

Ministry of Health

Dear Ms Goss

Thank you for your request for official information, received by the
Ministry of Health on 20 November 2014.

Your request has been received and logged.  As required under the Official
Information Act 1982, the Ministry will respond to your request within 20
working days.  You should receive a response on or before 18 December

If a large amount of information has been requested or if the Ministry
needs to consult in order to make a decision, we may need to extend this
date (this is provided for in section 15A of the Act).  We will advise you
if such an extension is necessary.

The Ministry's reference number for your request is: H201404287

Yours sincerely
Government Relations
Corporate Services
Ministry of Health
[1]mailto:[email address]

show quoted sections


Visible links
1. mailto:[email address]

Link to this

Ministry of Health

Attachment 04122014161742 0001.pdf
1.0M Download View as HTML

Kia Ora Ruth

Please see attached letter, as reply to your request for official

Should you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact the
National Cervical Screening Programme by emailing our manager, Emma
Prestidge at [email address] or phone at 04-816 4446.

Nga mihi.

Margee Cher Do
Executive Assistant
National Health Board
National Cervical Screening Programme
National Screening Unit
Ministry of Health
DDI: 04 816 4482
Fax: 04 816 4484

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Health only: