Documentation on most recent ambassadorial appointment
Alex Harris made this Official Information request to Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The request was successful.
From: Alex Harris
Dear Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade,
Thanks for your rapid response to my previous request. In the absence of a single guiding document, I'll just have to ask for an example instead. So I'd like to request all documents, communications and correspondence related to your most recent ambassadorial appointment (I don't care which - I'm after a representative example, not any particular case). Examples of the sort of documents I'm after would include job adverts (internal or external), position descriptions, briefing notes, notes from recruitment panels, formal advice on which candidate to choose, and sample employment contracts. I am not interested in the personal details of any applicants or the successful candidate (I am looking for information on the appointment process), and I accept that any such details should be redacted to preserve the privacy of applicants.
I'm particularly interested in learning:
* whether positions are advertised
* whether there are formal position descriptions
* how applicants enter the process (do they apply, are they nominated by MFAT or other ministries etc)
* whether there are interviews, and if so who they are conducted by
* how the final decision is made
* whether ambassadors are employees of MFAT
I would prefer to receive an electronic response. Queries about this request will be automatically forwarded to me by the fyi.org.nz website.
With regards to s12 of the OIA, I am an NZ citizen and in NZ.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Dear Alex Harris,
Please find attached a response to your request under the Official Information Act.
Acting Divisional Manager
Executive Services Division
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade | Manatū Aorere
T +64 4 439 8061 M +64 21 408 514
show quoted sections
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence