Demographics of welfare recipients

Ti Lamusse made this Official Information request to Ministry of Social Development

Currently waiting for a response from Ministry of Social Development, they must respond promptly and normally no later than (details and exceptions).

From: Ti Lamusse

Dear Ministry of Social Development,

1. Please provide me with the total number of welfare recipients per annum, as far back as records permit.

2. Please break this down by the type of benefit, e.g. superannuation, JSS, accommodation supplement. I understand that some benefits have been renamed or no longer exist, please provide data for those benefits as well, as far back as records permit.

3. Please break down the benefit type by ethnicity and gender, e.g. the total number of people on super, who are Pākehā and female, Pākehā and male, etc. etc.

Yours faithfully,

Ti Lamusse

Link to this

From: OIA_Requests (MSD)
Ministry of Social Development

Dear Ti Lamusse


Thank you for your email dated 16 May 2019, under the Official Information
Act 1982. Your request has been forwarded to the appropriate officials at
National office to respond. You should expect a response to be sent to you
as soon as possible.  


Nā mātou noa, nā


Official and Parliamentary Information team   |  Ministerial and
Executive Services

Ministry of Social Development


Our Purpose:
We help New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau

------------------------------- This email and any attachments may contain
information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this email and attachments is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please notify the author immediately and
erase all copies of the email and attachments. The Ministry of Social
Development accepts no responsibility for changes made to this message or
attachments after transmission from the Ministry.

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Social Development only: