22 October 2021
Amy S Van Wey Lovatt
[FYI request #16741 email]
Tēnā koe Amy,
Your Official Information Act request, reference: GOV-013988
Thank you for your email of 14 September 2021, asking for the fol owing information under the Official
Information Act 1982 (the Act):
I am writing to request the following information - policies, manuals, and/or guideline
documents, and templates - pertaining to:
1. Lump sum payments; and
2. Treatment injury and/or medical misadventure claims; and
3. Eligibility criteria; and
4. Claim management; and
5. Time extension advice and request letters; and
6. Seeking expert opinions; and
7. Rules for lodgment of claims by persons (not physicians), under sections 48, 50 and 52 of the
On 22 September we contacted you to advise that your request was too broad and provided you with a
list of policies to select from. On 25 September, you responded with this list of policy documents that
were within the scope of your request.
1. Completing a Written Decision Rationale Policy
2. Overseas Claim Policy
3. Clients with rapidly deteriorating conditions Policy
4. Lump Sum Eligibility Criteria Policy
5. Cover criteria for treatment injury Policy
6. How to manage legislative timeframes Policy
7. Assess Cover for Treatment Injury Claim
8. Monitor Cover Decision Timeframes for Treatment Injury Claims
9. Receive and input a Treatment Injury Claim
10. Accept Claim
11. Receive and Input Manual Claim :: Email
12. Receive and Input Manual Claim - New claim lodgement with no claim form :: No claim form
Please find attached nine of the policies you have requested. The following policies are not included:
• Monitor Cover Decision Timeframes for Treatment Injury Claims
• Receive and input a Treatment Injury Claim
• Completing a Written Decision Rationale Policy.
This is because the list we sent to you had not been updated in some time and contained processes that
have since been archived. However, we have included three other policies, and have matched these as
closely as possible to the policies you requested. They are:
• Issue Cover Decision (Treatment Injury)
• Treatment injury claims
• Communicate Decisions about Client Supports Policy.
We have also provided the time extension and request letters.
ACC takes privacy seriously
Certain information has been withheld under section 9(2)(a) of the Act to protect the privacy of named
individuals. In doing so, we considered the public interest in making the information available and have
determined that it does not outweigh the need to protect the privacy of these persons.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, you can email me at [email address].
If you are not happy with this response, you have the right to make a complaint to the Ombudsman.
Information about how to do this is available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz
or by phoning 0800
Nāku iti noa, nā
Manager Official Information Act Services
Government Engagement & Support
Accident Compensation Corporation
Page 2 of 2