14 December 2020
By email to: [FYI request #14196 email]
Tēnā koe Harrison
Thank you for your Official Information Act request to the Department of Conservation, dated 24
November 2020 in which you asked for:
• Could I please have a list of the cattle that are grazing on DOC land, as well of a list of DOC
sites that are grazed by cattle. If the land is grazed under license, could I please also have
copies of the grazing licenses.
On 25 November 2020 you refined and amended your request to:
1. Provide the total number of cattle grazing licences (beef or dairy issued within the Auckland
2. Provide a copy of the standard grazing contract that the grazing licence would be based upon
Your question and our responses are listed below:
1. Provide the total number of cattle grazing licences (beef or dairy) issued within the Auckland
Response: There is one cattle grazing licence within the Auckland Operations region.
2. Provide a copy of the standard grazing contract that the grazing licence would be based upon.
Response: Please find a copy of the Grazing Licence Contract template attached.
Date of issue
11 July 2016
Grazing Licence Contract template
Released in full
Nāku noa, nā
Director Planning, Permissions & Land
Department of Conservation
National Office, 18-22 Manners Street, PO Box 10420, Wellington 6143 Page 1 of 1