[FYI request #13340 email]
Ref: DOIA 2021-0252
Thank you for your email on 30 July 2020, requesting the following information under the Official
Information Act 1982 (the OIA):
I would like to make an OIA request for the fol owing information about Expression of Interest under
1. No. of application remaining in Dec 2018 to Jan 1st week Queue, date wise (for an example
on 18th Dec there were 500 applications lodged and 200 are already assigned to CO now),
and 19th Dec count vs assigned, 20th Dec Lodgements count vs assigned to CO, 21st Dec
Lodgements and so on up to 1st week of Jan/or until the staff returned from Christmas break
(in short each day's lodgement count and how many are already assigned to CO).
2. How many applications were accepted by INZ right from Jan 2019 to Aug 2019 (each month
3. How many applications are offshore based which were lodged from Jan 2019 to Aug 2019
(each month break up)?
4. How many applications INZ has assigned to CO after Lockdown (Priority vs Nonpriority
queue). for example 200 applications assigned in the first week of Aug and 150 from priority
and 50 from Non Priority.
5. The number of Priority queue applications pending in the queue which are waiting to be
assigned to CO.
You further advised us via email on the 25th August 2020 that you are only interested on the
following questions and that we can disregard the remaining parts of your initial request:
1. How many applications were accepted by INZ right from 7th Jan 2019 to 31st Aug 2019 (each
month Break up)?
2. For the period of 7th Jan 2019 to 31st Aug 2019 how many applications are offshore based
broken down by month?
I am writing to advise you that the Ministry is actively working on your request and will provide a
response but needs to extend the time available to answer your request. The Ministry’s response
will be with you no later than 25 September 2020. The reason for the extension relies on s15A
(1)(b) of the OIA - consultations necessary to make a decision on the request are such that a proper
response to the request cannot be made within the original time limit.
You have the right to seek an investigation and review of our decision to extend the time limit by the
Ombudsman, whose address for contact purposes is:
Office of the Ombudsman
PO Box 10-152
I will respond to you sooner if I am able to.
Manager Operations Support
Border and Visa Operation
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment