25 January 2019
Pankaj Girhotra [FYI request #9209 email]
Dear Ms Girhotra
Official Information Act Request, reference: 0053362
Thank you for your request of 7 December 2018, asking for the following information under the
Official Information Act 1982 (the Act):
“I request the following for the period 1 January 2018 to 5th Dec 2018:
1. How many jobs ACC has published on their official website during this period?
2. How many people have applied for all these jobs through out the country?
3. In all the jobs published, how many were for Hastings branch of ACC?
4. How many people applied to all the jobs published for ACC Hastings branch?
5. How many people were successful and how many were unsuccessful in getting these jobs
throughout the country?
6. How many people were successful and how many were unsuccessful in getting these jobs
for ACC Hastings branch?
7. What is ACC's policy to contact unsuccessful applicants to update them about their
8. According to the ACC policy (from bullet point 7) how many unsuccessful applicants were
contacted and updated about their application within the required timeframe through out
9. 8. According to the ACC policy (from bullet point 7) how many unsuccessful applicants were
contacted and updated about their application within the required timeframe who applied for
any job at ACC Hastings branch?”
ACC published 744 roles on its website between 1 January and 5 December 2018. Question 2
ACC received 23,089 applications for these roles. Question 3
Eleven of the 744 advertised roles were for the Hastings ACC branch. Question 4
ACC received 552 applications for the 11 roles advertised for the Hastings branch. Question 5
It should be noted there may be more than one position available for a role that is advertised. For
example, we could publish one advertisement for case managers where there are five case manager
For the 744 roles advertised, 1414 people were appointed. The remaining applicants were
Thirty four applicants were appointed to roles in the Hastings branch and the remaining applicants
were unsuccessful. Question 7
ACC does not have a policy that specifies the timeframe in which an unsuccessful applicant should be
contacted by ACC. Therefore, we must refuse this part of your request. This decision is made under
section 18(e) of the Act. Questions 8 and 9
ACC does aim to contact all applicants within 10 working days of an advertised role’s closing date. To
extract the data for questions 8 and 9, ACC would be required to manually search through every
application and calculate the time between receiving the application and responding to the
applicant. Therefore, we must refuse this part of your request. This decision is made under section
18(f) of the Act. In doing so, we have considered extending your request but have determined that
the resources required to collate the information would significantly impact the everyday functions
of ACC. You can contact us if you have any queries or concerns
If you have any questions about the information provided, I will be happy to work with you to resolve
these. I can be contacted via email at [email address].
You also have the right to seek an investigation and review of this response, by the Ombudsman.
Information about how to make a complaint is available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz
phoning 0800 802 602.
Emma Coats Manager Official Information Act Services
Government Engagement & Support