File Ref: 18/00396
4 July 2018
fyi-req uest-7851-a 76a3430@req uests. fyi.org. nz
Thank you for your follow up questions of 19 June 2018.
We have considered your request under Official Information Act 1982 and I can confirm we are
releasing the information to you in full. Please see below.
1. Where on your website does the employment relations problems policy sit as it does not
currently appear to be there?
The policy that we referred to in our earlier response is an internal WorkSafe New Zealand
document. Please find an attached copy of three polices, Psychological Harm and Trauma Policy
and Procedure, Managing Workplace Violence and Threatening Behaviour Policy and Procedure and
Workplace Bullying Prevention and Response Policy.
We have also provided a copy of our Employment Relationship Problem resolution process which
sits within our Employment Agreement. A copy of the above process is provided to all our
2. What percentage of those complainants left WorkSafe following their complaints?
Since Worksafe New Zealand was established in December 2013, we have received nine
complaints, and of those 77% (seven people) have left WorkSafe.
3. What support do you as an employer provide complainants following the incidents?
WorkSafe makes support available to those employees through an Employee Assistance
Programme. Support is also provided by a liaison person within the People and Culture team or a
4. How do you record these incidents for reporting?
These incidents are recorded in a confidential register managed within the People and Culture
5. How many complaints containing reference or an element of physical violence have you received
in HR and how many have been resolved?
One compliant was received in 2016. It has been resolved.
Level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay
PO Box 165, Wellington 6140
0800 030 040