15 November 2017
[FYI request #6814 email]
Thank you for your request made under the Local Government Official Information and
Meetings Act 1987 (the LGOIMA), which was received on 8 November 2017. You
…information on the importation of animals for Wellington Zoo. Can it include a list of
each species including costs.
In the 2016/17 financial year, two species of animal were imported. These are:
1. Twenty Giant African Millipedes which were imported from the Santa Ana Zoo in the
USA on 21 December 2016. The costs associated with importing the Millipedes
• $985 USD in air freight
• $220.74 NZD (incl. GST) for an import permit
• $313.95 for customs clearance.
2. A Golden Lion Tamarin was imported on 14 February 2017 from Adelaide Zoo. The
• $220.74 NZD (incl. GST) for an import permit,
• $990.68 NZD (incl. GST) for post arrival quarantine inspection fees
• Customs clearance costs of $313.95
(Please note: this does not include Adelaide Zoo export costs)
Please let me know if you are interested in receiving any further information about a
particular species or financial year.
Thank you again for your request. I trust this information is of assistance to you.
Josh Driscoll Assurance Advisor