6 Henderson Valley Road, Henderson, Auckland 0612
Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
09 355 3553 Fax
09 355 3550
3 August 2017
Dan [FYI request #6178 email]
Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA)
Thank you for contacting Auckland Transport on 10 July 2017, requesting the type of information that is
stored on AT HOP cards, and an example of the information stored.
The AT HOP card can hold:
• HOP Money (T-purse or stored value);
• User profile (registered cards);
• Products (Day or Monthly Passes) and their status;
• Card usage information (transactions including date and time);
• Status of the card (e.g. active, cancelled);
• Business entity at which the transaction was completed e.g. top-up at “X” Location; and
• Security keys and secure information.
The following is an example of the information stored on the card as per the above list:
This information is available to the customer via multiple avenues - including the online MyAT account
or by contacting
Auckland Transport (for registered
card holders), or as a “card present” transaction at
a Ticket and Top up Machine, retailer, or Customer Service Centre
(for all card holders).
Please note the layout of this information varies dependent on the avenue by which it is requested.
We trust the above information has addressed the matters raised however, should you believe that we
have not responded appropriately to your request, you have the right in accordance with section 27(3)
of the LGOIMA to make a complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman to seek an investigation and review
in regard to this matter.
If you have any further queries, please contact Auckland Transport on 09 355 3553 quoting Official
Information request number CAS-515722-G7F5P6.
Denise Verrall Group Manager AT HOP