8 June 2016
[FYI request #4102 email]
Official Information Act request transfer
This letter refers to your official information request dated 4 June 2016, requesting information
regarding the Callaghan Fund.
The Ministry is transferring your request to Callaghan Innovation in accordance with Section 14 of
the Official Information Act 1982. The request being transferred is as below:
“Why does the Callaghan Fund organise it's own trade delegations? How does that differ from New
Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment , Ministry of Foreign
Affairs and Trade etc?
- What is the overlap?
- Why does Callaghan Fund senior staff attend New Zealand Trade and Enterprise study tours to the
- What are/were the budgets for these international trade delegations organised by the Callaghan
- What where the selection criteria for businesses & individuals?
- How many business, business staf did go and how much funding was provided for each.
- How much government staff (Callaghan, Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment,, NZ Trade
and Enterprse etc) did accompany these missions”
This transfer is occurring because the information you requested is believed by the Ministry to be
more closely aligned with the functions of Callaghan Innovation.
They have 20 working days from receipt of this transfer to make a decision on this request, and you
should expect to hear from them in due course.
Manager, Ministerial Services
Communications and Ministerial Services