18 August 2015
[FYI request #3048 email]
Dear Andrew Riddell
On behalf of Gabriel Makhlouf, Secretary to the Treasury, I acknowledge receipt of
your letter requesting:
“ This request arises from the answer to my Official Information Request on
Treasury's cost benefit on rail that was answered on 11 August 2015.
Please provide a copy of Treasury Report T2014/1805. This is a December 2014
Treasury report on Kiwirail.
The answer to my previous request included a schedule of all documents used in
the creation of the cost benefit assessment. Of those listed please provide copies
of the following:
- Option values Kiwirail Public Policy Case, DRAFT Ministry of Transport
Assessment paper on the option value of New Zealand's rail network, 27
- Rail Impacts version 6.2, NZTA Rail freight public value project (RAH 2045).
Estimation of the State highway impacts arising from mode shift of rail freight,
- Kiwirail CBA calculations, Treasury spreadsheet analysis determining costs and
benefit from shifting rail transport onto road, no specific date
- Project Brief: 2014 Review of Kiwirail, 9 June 2014
- History and Future of Rail in NZ, Research report prepared by NZIER on the
history and future of rail in NZ, June 2009.”
Your request was received by the Treasury on 17 August 2015 and will be dealt with in
accordance with the provisions of the Official Information Act.
Yours sincerely B Bell
Bronwyn Bell Ministerial Coordinator