12 August 2015
Mr Gregory Soar
Via email: [FYI request #2940 email]
Dear Mr Soar REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your request dated 15 July 2015 under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) for
information relating to antiemetic, pain relief and antiepileptic medication.
You asked for information relating to the annual total cost paid by PHARMAC or authorised by
PHARMAC, using the latest year for which figures are available, for funding the purchase of the
• Every antiemetic medication, name and annual cost.
• Every pain relief medication, name and annual cost.
• Every antiepileptic medication, name and annual cost.
Please find the requested data relating your request attached. Please note the following:
• The data presented is for the period 1 May 2014 to 30 April 2015.
• In the Pharmaceutical Schedule, there are no pharmaceutical classifications or
categories which have the name ‘antiemetic medication’, ‘pain relief medication’ or
‘antiepileptic medication’. Instead, we have provided data from the pharmaceutical
categories: anti-nausea and vertigo agents, analgesics, and antiepilepsy drugs.
• The data provides the chemical name, and the drug cost which is the gross cost,
• The data includes currently listed pharmaceuticals, and those dispensed under
funding with NPPA approval(s) and/or other exceptional situations in the given
We trust that this information answers your queries, if you have any further questions please feel
free to contact us again.
Director of Engagement & Implementation