This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Official Information request 'Request to know the process and formal procedure of updating Accredited Employer information with Immigration New Zealand'.

16 November 2023 
[FYI request #24530 email] 
Ref:  DOIA 2324-0931  
Tēnā koe Rachel 
Thank you for your email of 26 October 2023 to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment 
(MBIE) requesting, under the Official Information Act 1982 (the Act), the fol owing: 
I request the recorded process and procedures from Immigration New Zealand's operation 
Manual, Staff training records, System records and any other resource to which Immigration 
Officers refer (including memos and emails), re the requirement to update details of Accredited 
As per the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) website and Accredited Employer materials/guides, 

Accredited Employers are required to update INZ whenever there is a change to their business 
including key people changes. The Employer Line phone number is recorded on the website for 
this purpose, however the staff on the line do not know how to complete the update process. 
Included in the above request is the expected timeframe for the changes to be made to the 

Enhanced online system to allow updated information to be able to be entered into the 
Employer Accreditation.” 
Our Response 
Please refer to the attached Appendix for the information that you have requested. Some information has 
been withheld under section 9(2)(a) of the Act, to protect the privacy of natural persons. 
If an IO in Christchurch receives a request to update the key person, as per the ADEPT Guide we direct 
them to ICT to complete the request. We hold no additional resources on the process. 
The Immigration Contact Centre (ICC) does not have the delegation or access to update the key person 
information on the Enhanced online system. When ICC receives a request to update the key person 
information, after verification ICC wil  create a note on the Enhance online system about the 
change/update. We cannot update the information on the system. 
ICC fol ows the process outlined on our Knowledge Base. KB 25174. 
What if the key person changes? 
At present there is no functionality within ADEPT for the employer or their representation to update the 
key person details on an accreditation, this functionality may come in a future update. 
Where there is a new key person, or an existing key person is leaving, ICC should make a general note 
on the accreditation application to indicate the change. This information must be received from one of 
the currently listed key people or authorised representative, or from the 'Primary Contact' email 
address if received by email. 
If one of the key people is leaving, please include in your note: 

•  Their name 
•  Why they are no longer a key person 
If there is a new key person, please include in your note: 
•  Name of new key person 
•  Date they wil  become a key person 
•  If they are replacing someone, who they are replacing and why 
Please also update the 'Primary Contact' email address for the accreditation application if this is no 

longer suitable, eg if it was for a key person who is leaving the organisation. Please also encourage 
them to share the application/accreditation/etc. with someone else in the company if the only person 
who has access is the one leaving. 
NOTE:  Being a key person determines whether we can release information over the phone. It does not 

give them control over the application online. If they want to be able to apply for job checks, send 
tokens to migrants etc, then the application needs to be shared with them. Being a key person is not 
sufficient. See KB25114 for information about sharing applications. 
What if the key person has already left without giving anyone else authority? 

If the key person has left the company without sharing the application with anyone else, this wil  need 
to go to the Tech team. Please email the details to [email address], the employer may also 
want to email themselves. Tech seniors can contact the company to speak with either the owner or the 
manager and add another key person from the organisation using the process above ("What if the key 
person changes?"). 
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of the Ministry’s response to 
your request, in accordance with section 28(3) of the Act. Information about how to make a complaint is 
available at or freephone 0800 802 602. 
If you wish to discuss any aspect of your request or this response, please contact [email address]. 
Nāku noa, nā 
Nelowfar Ghumkhor 
National Manager, Service Centre 
Engagement and Experience