A request to search for a Vehicle
of Interest is received from NZ
Validation: Request must include:
• Name of the requestor
The request is picked up by the
• Purpose of the request
CCTV Product Owner to validate
• Police case/incident number
• Date Range
• Licence Plate Number
CCTV Product Owner to request
Present the request to Digital
Technology Delivery GM to seek
CCTV Product Owner to advise
1. Trigger the AT Service Account to access the
Key Vault to Encrypt the Licence Plate
Number requested by NZ Police.
2. Trigger the search of this encrypted plate
number in the database.
1. Positive hits of the encrypted Licence Plate
Number is exported (without images).
2. CCTV Product Owner communicates with the
Police requestor on the result.
An example of anonymised/hashed Plate Numbers AT store in our database.
Highlighted in blue are the plate numbers.