12 July 2022
[FYI request #19652 email]
Request for information
Thank you for your Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) request of 13 June 2022, in which
Please provide me with copies of the current Organisation Charts / Structure Charts
for the Northland, Waitemata, Auckland City and Counties Manukau police districts
Attached is a spreadsheet which provides a view of the New Zealand Police Northland,
Waitemata, Auckland City and Counties Manukau organisation structures as at June
The Police organisation structure is based on position management. Every employee has
a position, but not every position has an employee.
The spreadsheet records active positions but some wil be vacant, inactive or in the
process of being disestablished. This means that there wil always be more positions than
there are staff and counting the positions does not equate with the number of staff.
You have the right to ask the Ombudsman to review my decision if you are not satisfied
with the response to your request. Information about how to make a complaint is
available at: www.ombudsman.parliament.nz.
Executive Director - People Operation
Police National Headquarters
180 Molesworth Street. PO Box 3017, Wellington 6140, New Zealand.
Telephone: 04 474 9499. www.police.govt.nz
- Carroll Grant IR-01-22-17040 - Cover.pdf
- Approval Sheet (003).pdf
- Carroll Grant IR-01-22-17040 - Draft response V2.pdf
- Carroll Grant IR-01-22-17040 - Org Structure Attachment.pdf
- [EXTERNAL] Official Information request - Structure _ Organisation charts.pdf
- Carroll Grant IR-01-22-17040 - Strat Comms approval.pdf
- Carroll Grant IR-01-22-17040 - Christine approval.pdf