This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Official Information request 'how many employees currently processing ACC covid vaccine injury claims'.

03 March 2022 
Tracy Livingston 
[FYI request #18479 email] 
Tēnā koe Tracy 
Your Official Information Act request, reference: GOV-016627 
Thank you for your email of 7 February 2022, asking for the fol owing information under the Official 
Information Act 1982 (the Act): 
1.  How many employees are currently processing ACC claims for covid vaccine injuries? I have seen 
your page showing hundreds of claims still waiting to be processed and that was just up until Oct 
2.  Please include all correspondence between Medsafe, MOH and ACC that discusses the issue of 
staffing numbers required to process covid vaccine injuries claims in a timely manner. 
ACC’s response 
Regarding your first question, ACC does not have specific employees that solely process COVID-19 
related claims. ACC operates a number of cover assessment teams, comprising cover assessment staff 
that deal with a range of cover decisions such as general cover, treatment injury and hearing loss. As 
such, we are unable to provide you the information requested as it does not exist. This decision is made 
under section 18(e) of the Act. 
Regarding your second question, there were no discussions between Medsafe, Ministry of Health and 
ACC, about staff numbers required to process Covid-19 vaccine injury claims. As such, we are unable to 
provide you the information requested as it does not exist. This decision is made under section 18(e) of 
the Act.   
COVID-19 vaccine data and information available online 
You can find up to date COVID-19 vaccine injury claims data on the ACC website here:
IPA5768.pdf. This data includes a breakdown of COVID-19 vaccine injury claims, for claims lodged with 
ACC between 18 February 2021 (when New Zealand began COVID-19 vaccinations) and 5 February 
2022.  Please note that the data on the ACC website is updated on a monthly basis. 
Who to contact 
If you have any questions, you can email me at [email address]. 
If you are not happy with this response, you have the right to make a complaint to the Ombudsman. 
Information about how to do this is available at or by phoning 0800 
802 602. 
Nāku iti noa, nā 
Sasha Wood 
Manager Official Information Act Services 
Government Engagement & Support 

Document Outline