This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Official Information request 'your oversea based employee- OIA'.

24 February 2022 
John Luke 
By email: [FYI request #18395 email] 
Tēnā koe John 
Official information request regarding international posts 
I refer to your request for information under the Official Information Act 1982 (the Act) 
dated 1 February 2022: 
“I would like to request the salary band and job title for all international posts. I 
understand by google search that you have an international market manager 
based in India, do you have anyone else who is based offshore and what country 
they are located at. 
If possible I would also like to request your org chart/reporting line to see how 

these international post been managed.” 
The University has five offshore representatives: 
Country Manager - India 
Director International recruitment Greater China 
Director United States Engagement 
Director China Engagement 
Director Vietnam Engagement 
The China, US and Vietnam Engagement Directors report to the University’s Director of 
Strategic Partnerships and Engagement. The Recruitment Director, Greater China Region 
and Country Manager based in India report to the Associate Director, Wellington 
University International. An organisation chart for these positions is attached for your 
The offshore representatives undertake a combination of international engagement and 
student recruitment work across a number of regions. The roles are all contract based and 
therefore do not have salary bands associated with them. Information regarding 
individual contract rates is withheld in accordance with s9(2)(a) of the Act in order to 
protect the privacy of natural persons.  

Please note, the figures above do not include staff who may be working remotely overseas 
due to COVID or who might be temporarily working overseas (e.g. collaborating with 
another University and basing themselves there for a period) but who normally would be 
based in New Zealand. 
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of the 
decisions made regarding this request. Information about how to make a complaint is 
available at or freephone 0800 802 602. 
If you wish to discuss this decision with us, please feel free to contact me at 
[VUW request email]. 
Ngā mihi nui 
Blair Doherty 
Senior Advisor, Official Information and Privacy 
Legal Services 
Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington