80 The Terrace
PO Box 2133
Phone +64 4 496 3600
28 October 2021
By email: [email address]
Tēnā koe A Boocock Information Request
– Restructure - Redeployment/Reassignment Data
I refer to your official information request dated 29 September 2021 asking for the following
“Please supply the following information regarding the recent restructure of FENZ:
How many appointees to the position of Group Manager:
1. did not meet the requirements of the Confirmation of Relevant Experience (CORE)
2. have not recently (for example in the 12 months preceding 1 June 2021) been on a Senior
Officer response roster?
3. do not have relevant leadership experience at an incident involving a high level of
4. have a leadership tertiary qualification
5. have a management tertiary qualification, or relevant experience (such as managing
staff along with responsibilities and accountabilities for budget, property, fleet and
6. the number of 'affected' applicants for the 'new' Canterbury district Group Manager
positions who were band 18 or higher?
7. a copy of the analysis carried out by any person/organisation, and/or consultants
working on behalf of FENZ, which compared the Group Manager position to those of Area
Managers and PRFOs.8. on what date(s) were the Canterbury Group Manager and
Community Risk Manager interviews held for 'affected' employees?
9. on what date(s) were the interview outcomes for the above assessed and scored?”
Your request is being assessed in accordance with the provisions of the Official Information Act
1982. This requires us to advise you of our decision no later than 20 working days after the date
received. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to meet that time limit. We are therefore writing
to notify you of an extension of the time to make our decision, to 11 November 2021.
The reasons for the extension is that consultations necessary to make a decision on your request
are such that a proper response to your request cannot reasonably be made within the original
We will respond to your request at the earliest opportunity.
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of this decision.
Information about how to make a complaint is available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz
freephone 0800 802 602.
Nāku noa, nā
Manager, Official Information Act