DEPARTMENT OF THE
- PRIME MINISTER AND CABINET
TE TARI O TE PIRIMIA ME TE KOMITI MA TUA
11 October 2021
[FYI request #16178 email]
Dear T Baker
Official Information Act request relating to the Strategic COVID-19 Public Health
Thank you for your Official Information Act 1982 (the Act) request that was transferred to the
Department of the Prime minister and Cabinet on 16 August 2021. You requested:
1. "Members of Modelling Governance Group.
2. Modelling Governance Group terms of reference.
3. Fee structure and cost incurred to date by Ministry by all activities associated
with the Modelling Governance Group.
4. Conflicts of interest declared by members of Modelling Governance Group.
5. All modelling reports provided to Modelling Governance Group.
6. All minutes of meetings of Modelling Governance Group.
7. All comments made to reports issued to Modelling Governance Group.
8. All emails received or issued by the Ministry, by the Government, and by
members of the Modelling Governance Group, associated with the Modelling
Governance Group since group was appointed."
On 6 August 2021, you clarified to the Ministry of Health that your request was specifically in
relation to the Strategic COVID-19 Public Health Advisory Group.
On 13 September 2021, the time limit for responding to your reiquest was extended under
section 15A of the Act by 20 working days for consultations to be undertaken before a
decision could be made on the request. Following this extension, I am now in a position to
Parts 1, 2, 5 and 7 of your request are publicly available on the Unite against COVID-19
groups/scphag/). I am therefore refusing these parts of your reqiuest under section 18(d) of
the Act as the information is publicly available.
Information within scope of part 3 of your request has been identified and is currently being
processed for release. We will aim to provide this information to you by late October 2021 or
In relation to part 4, as of the date of your request, no conflicts of interest have been declared
by any member of the Strategic COVID-19 Public Health Advisory Group. I refer you to
paragraph 22 of the Terms of Reference for the protocol for addressing any real or perceived
conflicts of interest.
Executive Wing, Parliament Buildings, Wellington, New Zealand 6011
'li' 64 4 817 9698 www.dpmc.govt.nz