This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Official Information request 'Who holds title'.

20 January 2021 
[FYI request #14332 email] 
[email address] 
Reference: OIA-2020/21-0301 
Dear Sharna 
Official Information Act request relating to information on birth certificates 
Thank you for your requests made under the Official Information Act (the Act), received on 15 
January 2021. You requested: 

β€œ1. Who holds title of your NAME on the Birth Certificate? 
2. How does the mother and father get ownership of the NAME on the birth certificate? 
3. How does the mother and father withdraw the title from the NAME on the birth 
4. What does the PERSON do with the NAME on the birth certificate? 
5.  Are any natural laws being broken with the birth certificate?” 
β€œOn the birth certificate it states the word CHILD. 
As you are aware that there is a distinction between the words CHILD and ADULT. 
Can you tell me if there is a birth certificate that states the word ADULT. 
If there is no birth certificate that states the word ADULT, can you explain why. 
Also can you confirm that you conduct business and in business what the meaning of a 
CHILD COMPANY or PARENT COMPANY is in relation to the corporate function of your 
business and the administration of birth certificates.” 

The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet does not hold information relating to these 
requests  however  I  believe  such  information  is  held  by  the  Department  of  Internal  Affairs. 
Accordingly, I have decided under section 14(b)(i) of the Act to transfer your request to the 
Department of Internal Affairs.  
The  Department  of Internal  Affairs  has the  usual  timeframes  from  receipt  of  this transfer  to 
make  a  decision  on  your  request.  Please  note  that  under  the  Act  the  dates  between  25 
December 2020 and 15 January 2021 are not included as working days.  
Yours sincerely 
Sarah Corbett  
Manager Ministerial and Business Services 
Executive Wing, Parliament Buildings, Wellington, New Zealand 6011 
  64 4 817 9700     Facsimile 64 4 472 3181