18 June 2020
By email: [FYI request #12794 email]
OFFICIAL INFORMATION ACT REQUEST OIA-20-21 – INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE LIMITED
I refer to your official information request dated 7 May for information regarding UC International College
Limited. You requested:
1. The recruitment process for it's board of directors
2. What is their salary looks like and
3. If they have been offer any extra benefit (e.g. reimbursed travel and expense)
4. How long are their term of appoint for and
5. What is their job description looks like.
6. When they were first appointed to the Board,
7. What their induction package looks like.
The UC International College (UCIC) is a separate organisation from the University of Canterbury, established via
an agreement with its parent company Navitas. Via the agreement, UCIC is permitted to use University of
Canterbury property, and is permitted some use of UC branding. However, UCIC staff and students remain
entirely separate from the University of Canterbury. The University does not have oversight of UCIC staff
recruitment, remuneration or job descriptions. As such, the information in your request is refused under s18(g),
the information is not held. As Navitas is a private company, your request has not been transferred, however you
are free to contact them. Some information may be held on their website.
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of this decision. Information about
how to make a complaint is available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz or freephone 0800 802 602.