12 May 2020
[FYI request #12773 email]
Transferring the request you made under the Official Information Act 1982
Thank you for your email of 4 May 2020 requesting the following information under the Official
Information Act 1982 (the Act):
Please provide information on the Airport 2 Botany project (A2B):
What is the current preferred mode - BRT or LRT?
# If LRT,
1) What sections require route protection? And what work has been done to protect the route?
2) Has planning been done for future depot locations?
# If BRT.
3) What type of BRT mode is planned? Fare zone stations, low entry buses? Or simple
standard AT buses with (some) separated lane.
4) What sections require route protection?
5) Is LRT still part of a future consideration for the A2B route?
6) If LRT is not part of future consideration. Why?
7) If BRT now and LRT in the future, see the question 1+2) in this context. ie. Is additional
work being done to protect the route for LRT.
# More generally.
8) Are there any specific challenges for the above.
I note that Puhinui is a narrow road corridor with limited capacity to expand without property
purchases. How about the sections of the route in Manukau City? Crossing SH1? Others?
9) What work has been done to scope challenges for LRT on the A2B route?
What work is being done to provide a grade separated cycling path along the A2B route?
The information you have requested is more closely connected with the functions of Auckland
Transport than with Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency. Therefore, I am transferring your request to
Auckland Transport under section 14 of the Official Information Act 1982.
The time limit for their response to you is 20 working days from 12 May 2020, you can expect a
response from them on or before 10 June 2020.
Manager, Ministerial Services