50 Victoria Street
Private Bag 6995
64 4 894 5400
64 4 894 6100
13 November 2019
Alice T. [FYI request #11546 email]
Dear Alice, Request made under the Official Information Act 1982
Thank you for your email of 29 October 2019, requesting the following information under the Official
Information Act 1982 (the Act):
details of pass rates for learner's, restricted and full licence tests for 2018 & 2019, grouped by:
The data you have requested has been attached in the following spreadsheet OIA-6010 data.xlsx
It is important to note the following in relation to the data provided. This information is also provided to
you in the attached spreadsheet:
• Data extracted from the Driver Licence Register (DLR) on 07 November 2019 with data as at
06 November 2019.
• Data is for tests sat on or between 01 January 2018 and 06 November 2019.
• Data is limited to tests of the following test types sat under the graduated driver licence
Class 1 (Motor Car, Light Motor Vehicle) Learner
Class 1 (Motor Car, Light Motor Vehicle) Restricted
Class 1 (Motor Car, Light Motor Vehicle) Full
• Data is limited to the following test results:
“Stopped” (a fail result)
• The age of a person is calculated as at the date the test was sat.
• Where pass rates were based on low numbers of tests these values have been grouped as
Missing gender or gender recorded as “INDETERMINITE” grouped with “FEMALE”
Site name grouped as "Small sites"
Gender grouped as "Grouped"
Age range grouped as "Grouped"
If you would like to discuss this reply with the NZ Transport Agency, please contact Kerry Greig,
Manager, Data Services, by email to [email address].
Senior Manager, Research & Analytics