This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Official Information request 'Ability for an ACC Accredited Clinician to Provide Assessments whilst having a Closed Private Practice and ACC being Sole Source of Income'.

15 October 2019 
Anthony Jordan 
[FYI request #11141 email] 
Tēnā koe Anthony 
Your Official Information Act request, reference: GOV-001966 
I refer to your email of 02 October 2019, asking for the following information under the Official 
Information Act 1982 (the Act): 
  Would the ACC consider a yes or no to each question and include a reference to the act or service 
schedule they are referring to back up their answer 
Please supply Information that Permits: 

1.  an ACC funded Clinician to Provide the ACC with Assessments whilst having a Closed Private 
Practice (as of to date and earlier possible researchable time) 
2.  an ACC funded Clinician to Provide the ACC with Assessments whilst the ACC being their Sole 
Source of Income (as of to date and earlier possible researchable time) 
The requirements for ACC’s assessors 
As explained in our letter dated 30 September 2019 (ref GOV-001481), the requirements for medical 
practitioners to undertake medical assessments can also be found in the Accident Compensation Act 
2001 (the AC Act). Sections 93 and 94 outlines the criteria for medical practitioners who undertake 
medical assessments. 
You can find the definition of a medical practitioner in section 6 of the AC Act. 
Each service schedule for the provision of assessments has different requirements depending on the 
type of assessment to be provided. For example, the clinical psychiatry service schedule requires 
assessors to meet the relevant requirements of their regulatory body. 
If the assessor is able to meet the criteria for medical practitioners as outlined in the AC Act, as well as 
the relevant criteria under the applicable service schedule, then the assessor wil  be able to provide 
assessment services. This applies if the assessor’s practice is closed to the general public and ACC is their 
sole source of income. 
How to get in touch 
If you have any questions, you can email me at [email address]. 
Nāku iti noa, nā 
Emma Coats 
Manager Official Information Act Services 
Government Engagement & Support 

Document Outline