20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue Auckland 1010
Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
09 355 3553 Fax
09 355 3550
25 November 2021
[FYI request #17350 email]
Kia ora Damian
The information you requested – CAS-459912-R1G4J8
Thank you for your request for information dated 27 October 2021 about AT Local being
launched in South Auckland.
Please find my responses below.
1) Business Case (or any other document) that was approved to begin the trial (and
any subsequent updates);
I’ve attached a document called Point of Entry, this document is the approval for an
investment pathway to progress the trial using evaluation plans (in accordance with NZTA’s
Innovation, trials and pilots policy and in lieu of business cases). Some information such as
names have been withheld under section 7(2)(a) of the LGOIMA, to protect the privacy of
natural persons, including that of deceased natural persons.
Attached also is the Evaluation Plan which was the next step and provided further details on
the case to begin the trial. Some information such as names have been withheld under
section 7(2)(a) of the LGOIMA, to protect the privacy of natural persons, including that of
deceased natural persons.
2) Minutes, internal memos and other documents that contain information about the
decision making process used to implement this service;
I’ve attached the minutes of ODSM PCG (The decision to proceed with the trial in
Takaanini/Papakura has been made on 15 February 2021). At ached also is the PCG TOR
which is the Terms of Reference. Some information such as names have been withheld
under section 7(2)(a) of the LGOIMA, to protect the privacy of natural persons, including that
of deceased natural persons.
3) Budget for the trial, including what has been spent and forecasts. This should
include (but not be limited to) project administration costs, marketing, revenue
expectations, capital investment and operational costs.
I’ve attached a document titled Evaluation Plan. This document (page 16) contains the
answers that you are seeking to this question. The attached spreadsheet also provides the
comparison of ‘Costs Estimates vs Actuals’. Some information such as names have been
withheld under section 7(2)(a) of the LGOIMA, to protect the privacy of natural persons,
including that of deceased natural persons.
4) Explanation of the changes from the previous implementation (Devonport);
Please refer to the below points outlining the changes:
• contact centre as alternative booking method to the smartphone app
• AT HOP integration – payment with AT HOP card like on regular buses, benefit of
integrated fares (e.g. free transfers between to/from bus or train)
• Journey Planner and AT Mobile integration – on-demand service appears in search results
when customer makes a query to travel in the service zone (Conifer Grove, Takaanini,
• accessible ramps fit ed on all vans for wheelchair customers
• replacing an existing bus service instead of complementing the bus network
• Longer operating hours 7 days per week, regardless of Covid alert levels, providing
5) Service review of the 371 bus that has been replaced, including the options
Please refer to the Evaluation Plan document (attached), pages 15-17 and page 25-27.
Should you believe that we have not responded appropriately to your request, you are able
to make a complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman in accordance with section 27(3) of the
LGOIMA Act, and seek an investigation and review in regard to this matter.
Integrated Network Enablement
- Costs Estimates vs Actuals.xlsx
- Evaluation Plan - Papakura-Takaanini OD Trial - with Waka Kotahi comments 27 May
- Minutes_ODSM_PCG Meeting_15 Feb 2021_Redacted.pdf
- TermsofReference_ODSM_PCG_FY20-21_Revised (25.01.2021)_Redacted.pdf