80 The Terrace
PO Box 2133
Phone +64 4 496 3600
20 October 2021
By email: [FYI request #16846 email]
Tēnā koe Rex
– bul ying and harassment data
I refer to your official information request received on 22 September 2021 asking for the following
• Would you please provide the number of official complaints made by staff or volunteers
pertaining to bullying and harassment allegedly undertaken by managers at FENZ,
specifically by manager tier (tiers 1 through 4) and year for each FY from 2017/18 to
present (including 2021/22 ytd).
• Could you also please provide the number of staff (not volunteers) who have resigned from
FENZ citing bullying and or harassment by managers (also tiers 1 through 4 only) by year
Your request is being assessed in accordance with the provisions of the Official Information Act
1982. This requires us to advise you of our decision no later than 20 working days after the date
received. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to meet that time limit. We are therefore writing
to notify you of an extension of the time to make our decision, to 26 November 2021.
The reasons for the extension are:
• Your request necessitates a search through a large quantity of information and meeting
the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with our operations; and
• Consultations necessary to make a decision on your request are such that a proper
response to your request cannot reasonably be made within the original time limit.
We will respond to your request at the earliest opportunity.
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of this decision.
Information about how to make a complaint is available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz
freephone 0800 802 602.
Nāku noa, nā
Manager, Information Requests